That Social Media Blog Quick Tip #234
If you haven’t changed the password to your brands/businesses social media accounts in over three months you should probably get on that!
Here are some helpful ideas on how to pick a better password and how to manage your various social media platforms passwords.
- Create a password that is more than 8 characters.
- Much like those captcha’s it is good to pick a random selection of words.
- Add familiar numbers to your password.
- If you want added security add punctuation marks #&$*#&
- If you are finding it hard to remember all of the passwords you have made for your various accounts I suggest a word document, notes, or if you want to invest into 1Password (it’s what I use) to keep all your passwords in check. They even have a random password generator for you!
Just know that hackers and phishers are out and they are looking to take over your brand/business account (especially if its high profile) so you need to take the necessary precautions to prevent this from happening!